Office: (956) 417-4604
Copyright © Callaghan Ranch, Ltd.. All rights reserved.
"Callaghan Ranch strives to be a progressive leader in environmental stewardship and the business of ranching while embracing the culture and tradition it was founded upon to ensure the quality of life for the employees, families, and communities that we support."
Founded in the early 1870's in deep southwest Texas, Callaghan Ranch has been operated by the Finley Family since 1923. The ranch once grazed 100,000 sheep and 20,000 Hereford cattle on over 250,000 acres. The ranch is perhaps better known for its world renowned white-tailed deer hunting and outstanding quail populations. Callaghan Ranch remains one of the largest historical ranches in Texas.
Long time operator, Mr. Joe B. Finley, Jr., made the ranch what it is today. Mr. Finley developed critical advancements in animal health as a chairman for the Texas Animal Health Commission and President of the United States Animal Health Commission. He was also instrumental in the founding of the United Independent School District in Laredo, TX and served as a Trustee for 32 years. The UISD elementary school still bears his name. Among other accomplishments, Mr. Finley served in World War II, was awarded "Webb County Rancher of the Year", and was the Director of the Laredo International Fair and Exposition. He was also the author of a 1959 publication, "Marketing Beef on the Hoof."
The Finley Family continues to raise high quality ranch horses and cattle as well as offer some of the finest hunting found anywhere in the world.